Monday, May 11, 2009

I Heart Honey Butter!

This is a very simple recipe and a quick post because I had an exhausting weekend and I'm tired. This is something I made for Mother's Day brunch that I served with the biscuits I shared with you all last week. Enjoy!

Mr. H is out of town til Wednesday so I'm a lonely girl :-( Maybe you'll get another recipe tomorrow...

Cinnamon Honey Butter Hearts
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
  • 3 Tbsp. honey
  • 2 tsp. brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. salt

In a medium bowl, whip your butter with an electric mixer on medium speed til lighter in consistency and color-about 2-3 minutes. Add your brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and salt. Whip to combine.

Serve at room temperature for easy spreading.

NOTE: I had heart shaped silicone molds that I bought a year ago from the Target $1 aisle that were barely used. After the butter was prepared, I placed the butter in the molds and froze them. Once hardened, I plopped them out onto a plate and garnished with more honey and a pinch of cinnamon for color. I refrigerated them overnight and set them on the dining table an hour before the guests arrived do the butter was soft and spreadable. It was a hit and everyone thought it was store bought!

This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

11 comments:

Lissaloo said...

Those are so beautiful! No wonder they were a hit :)

Kathy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love honey butter too! I'm gonna have to file this idea away!!!

Donna-FFW said...

This looks so pretty. I am going to try your honey butter.

Maria said...

Love the hearts! They are super cute!! Such a pretty dessert!

Wanda..... said...

My grandchildren will love this with waffles...and so will I with buttermilk biscuits!

Selba said...

Awww... it's so lovely!!!

Kristen said...

How pretty!

Kerstin said...

What a great idea! They look really tasty and are so cute!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, totally making this! Great idea making them into hearts!

Love your photos!

Hope you and your Mom had a wonderful mother's day!
~ingrid

Btw, ALL of your biscuits look great but I think I'd like the flaky biscuit #3 best.

Sophie said...

Wow! I looove this, gorgeous. I want some toast now...or a biscuit :).

Unknown said...

I just made this for dinner to go with cornbread and soup. Oh my goodness, sooooo delish!! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails